Dean’s Decree No. 3/2020_in connection with the coronavirus epidemic and the special measures adopted by the Government and the Ministries of the Czech Republic in respect of all FAMU Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes
Dean’s Decree No. 3/2020 Issued further to the state of emergency promulgated by the Government of the Czech Republic on 12 March 2020 in connection with the coronavirus epidemic and the special measures adopted by the Government and the Ministries of the Czech Republic in respect of all FAMU Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes.
1) The subjects that are being taught in a distance form may be completed in accordance with the applicable Academic Year Schedule, i.e., until 25 May 2020.
2) The teaching of all subjects in the summer semester of 2019/2020 may be extended or substituted by decision of the head of a department to the extent of maximum 4 weeks after the end of the standard summer semester, i.e., after 25 May 2020.
3) Subject syllabi must be modified so that the subjects can be completed within the examination period – refer to clause 4.
4) The regular examination term shall start after the end of the summer semester (25 May 2020) or, as the case may be, after the end of the extended tuition, and shall end on 31 August. The repeat examination term shall be from 1 to 13 September 2020 in accordance with the Schedule.
5) Where the nature of the subject so permits, examination take a distance form; the same applies to verifying the satisfaction of the requirements for receiving credits.
6) The June dates for the state final examination and committee examination (“clausura”) are cancelled, unless the Dean decides otherwise. The departments shall schedule substitute dates for taking the above examination in September.
7) By 23 April 2020, the heads of departments in cooperation with the Dean and the Head of FAMU Studio shall define changes to the exercise and committee examination assignments so that the same can be undertaken in an adequately modified form and scope in the situation resulting from the government measures. (It is necessary to consider time constraints and the human, technological and studio resources of each respective department as well as all departments involved.)
8) The students who would apply for the June date of the state final examination (the last date for taking the examination) shall upload their theoretical Bachelor/Master theses in the KOS by 15 June 2020.
9) The state final examination may be taken in a distance form in justified cases approved by the Dean of FAMU.
Mgr. Zdeněk Holý
Dean of FAMU