Dean’s Decree No. 9/2020 Issued further to the special measures regarding students’ personal presence at FAMU
This Decree revokes and replaces the preceding Dean’s Decree No. 7/2020.
Personal presence of students in classes and examination as part of university studies is permitted in the following cases:
a) For working in groups of 15 people maximum
Where classroom teaching can be replaced by distance learning, the distance learning form remains possible. The distance form is still required for more numerous groups of students. In the event that a teacher falls within a risk group as defined HERE, the distance form of teaching, examination and consultations is preferred until further notice.
Students are allowed to take part in university activities only subject to the satisfaction of the following conditions:
- They are free from acute health problems corresponding to an infectious virus disease (e.g., fever, coughing, shortness of breath, sudden loss of the sense of taste and smell, etc.),
- They shall sanitise their hands upon entering the classroom or examination room.
- They are not officially quarantined.
- They shall submit a solemn declaration regarding the absence of symptoms of an infectious virus disease during the preceding two weeks. The text of the solemn declaration is available on the website and at the entrance to the building.
Students may stay on and move about the school premises during teaching, examination or other activities free of equipment protecting their airways (nose, mouth) such as a respirator, face mask, surgical mask, scarf, shawl or other equipment that prevent the spread of droplets, provided that they maintain a distance of at least 1.5 m between them and that the maximum number of persons in one room is 15. However, FAMU strongly recommends to continue wearing the airways protection equipment on the premises of the school, especially in enclosed areas and areas with limited ventilation.
b) For hands-on teaching in unlimited numbers (film shoots, photographic sessions, installing exhibits, etc.)
The instructions for hands-on teaching are being updated on an ongoing basis by FAMU Studio HERE.
c) For mass gathering school events held outdoors and indoors (e.g., musical, film and other art performances). Events such as this may only be organised for a maximum of 300 persons attending at the same time and the following rules must be observed:
- The distance of at least 2 metres is maintained between two persons, except for members of the same household or close persons,
- Hand sanitiser is available for the visitors,
- Except for the performing artists, the other participants in the event are forbidden to stay and move about the venue without equipment protecting their airways (nose, mouth) such as a respirator, face mask, etc.
The aforementioned measures take effect on 25 May 2020.
PhDr. Andrea Slováková, Ph.D., MBA
Dean of FAMU