FAMU during the summer holidays
Considering the schedule of the academic year 2020/2021, the Faculty’s summer mode of operation begins on 12 July. The Faculty operates in its standard mode until 12 July 2021.
An overview of timing of holidays of office and technical workers is available at the secretariat of the Dean of FAMU from Mgr. Kristýna Šperková (Smetanovo nábřeží 2, 116 65 Praha 1).
A substitute for the Dean is prepared for the period of the Dean’s holiday; information is available from the Dean’s secretariat.
Mrs Jitka Šantrůčková is in charge of substituting the Secretary of the Faculty in urgent economic and operating matters, should the Secretary be absent.
Operation of the Faculty:
- The Faculty will be open only on business days from 7 am to 10 pm for office and maintenance workers and for teachers, and also under the provisions of the Lažanský Palace operating rules available on the Faculty’s website and at the reception desk;
- The FAMU reception desk works in a non-stop mode – 24 hours a day;
- Students may be present in the building on weekends and after 10 pm subject to the approval of the Head of the Department and having informed the Secretary of the Faculty. Students are obligated to submit a permit to enter the Faculty building outside its operating hours to the Dean’s office. Academic workers may stay in the building as they need in urgent cases and shall always notify the reception desk before 10 pm if they intend to stay there.
- The working hours for office and technical staff is not changing;
- the operation of the Dean’s secretariat is covered throughout July and August; mail will be processed on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the period from 12 July to 31 August 2021;
- Office hours during the period from 12 July to 31 August 2021 shall be as follows:
Mon - Thu 10.00 - 14.00
Department for Student Affairs
Mon - Thu 10.00 - 13.00
FAMU Library in July
Mon + Wed 10.00 - 15.00
Tue + Thu + Fri closed
FAMU Library in August
Tue + Thu 10.00 - 15.00
Mo + Wed + Fri closed
Mon - Thu 9.00 - 15.30
Fri 9.00 - 15.00
The Ombudswoman’s regular office hours in the Lažanský Palace are cancelled during the summer holidays. The Ombudswoman remains available for consultations subject to individual arrangements via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consultations with the school psychologist are available to an unlimited extent subject to individual arrangements via e‑mail email@example.com.
FAMU Studio – measures for operation in the summer of 2021:
- Loaning/returning of equipment and consultations outside the office hours during the summer holidays have to be arranged with the workers of the respective departments on an individual basis – contact information is provided under the Contact tab on the FAMU Studio (“SF”) website;
- Permits for working with SF resources (sound and image post-production and classrooms) are issued for working on weekends → the availability of resources is governed by the Dispečink SF (SF Control Centre) application / the permits are also required for using SF resources during public holidays (Monday 5 July and Tuesday 6 July 2021);
- Filming in the studios is governed by the studio schedule that is regularly updated by the SF Department of Production – unscheduled access to the studios is subject to permission from the SF Department of Production;
- Summer workshops organised by FAMU International and other extraordinary activities held using SF resources during public holidays, summer holidays and weekends are governed by a special measure of the Head of SF;
- SF employees will substitute each other in the individual departments during the regular summer holidays;
- The updated SF measures regarding Covid-19 are available on the SF website – here.
The FAMU Club will be open in July and then from September onwards. Its opening hours will be available at its entrance and posted on FAMU’s website.
The standard Faculty mode of operation will resume from 1 September 2021.
This Decree takes effect on 12 July 2021