- graduating master’s and doctoral students; nominations for the awards are to be submitted by their thesis supervisors and/or tutors (including external) after a successful defence of the thesis/dissertation as part of the state final exam
Purpose of the support:
- The purpose of the award, bestowed since 2020, is to motivate students in writing their theses or dissertations, as well as to increase the exposure and knowledge of excellent theoretical theses among other students and teachers of FAMU as well as among experts and the general public.
- The author of the award-winning theoretical thesis/dissertation at FAMU defended during the academic year 2020/21 (i.e., between 1 October 2020 and 30 September 2021) will receive an award including a sum of CZK 15,000 from the funds of the FAMU Endowment Fund in November 2021
Nomination for the award and the decision-making process:
- Nominations are submitted by thesis supervisors (including external) or, with doctoral students, by the student’s tutor, following a successful defence of the thesis during a state final exam.
- The nomination must contain:
- The nominations must be submitted to email@example.com by 15 October 2021
- The award-winning text will be chosen by an expert panel involving Helena Bendová (Vice-Dean of FAMU for R&D), David Čeněk (Vice-Dean of FAMU for International Affairs) and Martin Šrajer (critic and editor of Film a doba and Filmový přehled)
- The winning diploma and/or dissertation thesis will be officially unveiled on 5 November as part of the FAMUTEORIE student conference.